About Kevin Elledge
Kevin Elledge is the chief executive officer of SLUCare Physician Group. Before that, Elledge served as the chief administrative officer of OU Physicians, the faculty practice plan of the University of Oklahoma.
As CEO of SLUCare, Elledge’s many responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the strategy and vision of the faculty practice plan and direct all clinical, quality, administrative, and fiscal functions.
- Serving as SLUCare’s representative for the organization’s strategic partnership with SSM Health.
- Ensuring operations align with the goals and initiatives of SLUCare and the School of Medicine.
- Developing short- and long-term business planning, evaluating business opportunities, and assessing the effectiveness and consistency with strategic objectives.
- Supporting department chairs and promoting the highest standards of clinical care and advance quality, patient safety, and service excellence benchmarks
- Ensuring that the expansion of SLUCare is coordinated and successfully planned and implemented.
Elledge has an impressive record of leadership and achievement in a complex academic medical center environment. He spent 17 years in executive leadership at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center. There, he was part of unprecedented growth and improved operational efficiency.
With formal training in computer science and a background in technology and program development, Elledge launched a healthcare software startup firm, MDS, which created a nurse advice system and an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transaction system. WebMD ultimately purchased the startup.
In 2003, Elledge was recruited to OU Physicians. He entered as the director of revenue cycle operations, which complemented the cross-section of his IT background, claims adjudication experience, and understanding of billing within an electronic health record. Elledge later became executive director of operations of OU Physicians while also serving as the finance officer for the clinical practice. He was named chief administrative officer in 2016.